The Blogger Recognition Award
Hi and WELCOME to Framing My Adventures! So I open up my computer the other day and to my wonderment I see I have been nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by a lovely blogger named Lara who runs Dates with Lara – a cooking journey for delicious recipes. Her website is full of gorgeous delights and inventive recipes – including the fact that she was able to enlighten me with the secret to perfect hummus! So I have a lot to be thankful for!
What is The Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated. It’s also a great way to read other blogs and to find new readers for your own blog!
If you’ve been nominated the guidelines are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog got started…
My new website has actually only been live for a few months but I started a small blog back in July 2015 to signify the start of a new adventure. I was off to Australia! I updated my blog regularly to keep my friends and family in the know about where I was and what I was up to. They were excited to hear that I managed to visit Thailand, New Zealand and Bali too. Framing My Adventures has since been more than just a travel blog – it’s a way for me to showcase my art and creativity.
My two pieces of advice for new bloggers…
- Be yourself – and let this shine through in your writing. Yes you need to write engaging content to attract viewers but there’s a fine balance between writing what your viewers want to read and writing for your own enjoyment.
- Just write – there are so many times when I just don’t feel like writing or I want my writing to be perfect before it’s even been written, agonising over and editing sentences the minute I’ve written them. I think the key is JUST TO WRITE. It might well be a load of rubbish but at least you’ve got something down, and you can go back and adjust later.
“The first draft of anything is shit”
– Ernest Hemingway
My Nominees for The Blogger Recognition Award…
You should definitely check these blogs out!
- Paper Amy
- Rose Paper Scissors
- Off The Clock Nurse
- Em Dashed
- Danielle’s Travels
- Nomad by Trade
- The Uncategorized Blog
- Travel for Change
- The House of Maps
- Engineer on Tour
- Rebecca Walden
- Dals Travels
- Life with Clarity
Congratulations Everyone! It was a pleasure looking through some gorgeous blogs by very talented people.